Coordinator for Business Affairs
Coordinator for Business Affairs
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
Maryland Applied Graduate Engineering in the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park is seeking a Coordinator for Business Affairs to perform business and administrative functions for the office. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the position supports the areas of financial reporting, human resources, data entry, records management, travel, and other administrative duties, as assigned.
The A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland serves as the catalyst for high-quality research, innovation, and learning, preparing our students to create innovations that will address the21st century Grand Challenges (e.g., energy, environment, security, and human health) and improve the human condition. The Clark School is dedicated to leading and transforming the engineering discipline and profession, to accelerating entrepreneurship, and to transforming research and learning activities into new innovations that benefit millions.
● Education: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Experience: Requisite experience in budgeting, accounting, human resource administration and/or purchasing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
● Strong computer skills with the ability to use Excel and Word proficiently and experience and/or familiarity with managing large volumes of data and database queries.
● Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, utilizing good judgment in making decisions in accordance with complex university policy.
● Computational and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a service-focused professional demeanor.
● Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
● Effective communication with a diverse staff and faculty population.
● Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting deadlines and working in a timely manner.
● Understanding of a complex budgetary system and the ability to articulately explain the system to others.
● Must possess the depth and breadth of purchasing and procurement experience for supplies, services and other support to provide creative solutions.
● A degree or combination of education and experience in business, accounting, or a similar applicable field.
● Experience working in higher education.
● Knowledge of UMD/USM policies and procedures in the areas of finance, purchasing, procurement, human resource administration and/or travel.
● Experience with the Kuali Financial System, Tracker, and PHR.
● Predominantly sedentary position/work.
● Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to sit for an extended time and operate standard office equipment and keyboards.
● Ability to review, prepare, and analyze data and figures; transcribe; view a computer terminal; extensive reading.
● Ability to traverse on and off campus for meetings and to transport supplies and materials.
● Able to communicate with faculty, staff, and students who have inquiries and exchange accurate information in these situations.
Closing Date: 12/05/2022
Salary: The salary range for this position is $49,206 to $60,000 annually.
Submission: Resume, Cover Letter and List of References via https://ejobs.umd.edu/.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.