Program Associate (Sherwood and Eve's Place)
- N Street Village
- Washington D.C.
- $19.81 per hour
- Nov 23, 2022
- Dec 28, 2022
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
The Program Associate is a member of a team that provides support services for women in N Street Village’s hypothermia shelter program that includes day services and temporary shelter.
- Develop positive rapport with each resident through routine contact and communication Conduct room inspections and locker inspections per program rules to ensure cleanliness Assist with meal service Participate in program team meetings, staff meetings, supervision meetings as required and requested per contracts Immediately report serious incidents, allegations, and sensitive program information to the Program Manager Complete incident reports Work with program team to ensure all required service delivery is documented and to identify strengths and weaknesses in data entry and quality Conduct regular and random drug screenings per program rules and contracts Complete medication logs for clients and sign off on client medication logs, assist clients in keeping track of medication refills Respond to immediate client needs, help de-escalate crisis situations, help resolve conflicts and enforce program rules Build and maintain quality working relationships with colleagues Adhere to agency policies and procedures Other duties as assigned
This is a temporary position for hypothermia season lasting from November 2022 through April 2022.
Please indicate which shift you'd prefer on your resume and application:
- 6:00pm - 12:00am 12:00am - 8:00pm On-Call
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 2 years of direct social services experience, or HS Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of work experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of direct social services experience
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and the related issues of addiction and mental illness strongly preferred Familiarity with DC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Knowledge of issues facing homeless or otherwise vulnerable populations Values commensurate with a community committed to providing inclusive services without regard to race, religion, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Skills and Competencies Required
- Strong cultural competence, including excellent interactions and communication ability with a diverse population Mature abilities in developing interpersonal relations, communication, problem-solving, conflict resolution Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills Ability to work independently Possess crisis management skills Excellent written and verbal communication Detail oriented and analytical thinker Ability to lift 25 pounds
About N Street Village
N Street Village is a community of empowerment and recovery for homeless and low-income women in Washington, DC. With comprehensive services addressing both emergency and long term needs, N Street Village helps women achieve stability and make meaningful gains in their housing, income, employment, mental health, physical health, and addiction recovery. N Street Village also provides affordable rental housing for low and moderate-income individuals and families.
N Street Village requires employees to be fully vaccinated with limited exceptions.