Summary Mechanical Construction Superintendent Bethesda, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS) is a premier provider of Architecture and Engineering support services to federal customers around the world. Founded in 2016 to support federal operations OCONUS, CWS holds true to its mission that no matter the location, we are there to get the job done.
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS), a Washington Post Top Places to Work 2021 winner, is seeking highly skilled, self-motivated professionals to support the US Navy's Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) in the National Capitol Region.
You will provide for high-profile, mission-critical projects, in the interest of US national security in the Wash DC/N. VA/MD area.
Your contributions will deliver mission-driven support to NAVFAC to deliver, quality, timely and cost effective products and services to enable the Global Warfighter.
The Mechanical Construction Superintendent
assists NAVFAC field offices with performance of mechanical engineering statement of work development. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Mechanical Construction Superintendent
within our US Navy's Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) team, you will:
- Be responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by the contractor under this contract.
- Represent the FEAD/ROICC at the construction site and monitor the construction Contractor Quality Control (CQC) to assure they are achieving quality work.
- Monitor and notify Project Superintendent or QC Manager and government staff immediately of safety violations.
- Notify the government Construction Manager (CM), Contracting Officer (KO), and the FEAD/ROICC if the contractor does not correct a hazardous working condition or a continuing safety issue in a timely or acceptable manner.
- Report all accidents immediately to the Construction Manager, FEAD/ROICC office, and Contracting Officers.
- Notify CM and KO of any situation that may result in a construction contract dispute, modification, or require a stop work order to be issued to the construction contractor.
- Investigate, inspect, and perform Quality Assurance of the construction contract/CQC system and coordinate resolution of technical problems.
- Provide input to the CM concerning the construction contractor's performance at the end of the project in a written and signed report.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of specialized experience in mechanical and plumbing schematic design and design development, evaluation of new and existing commercial facilities, and industrial and health care facilities, like the building types prevalent in the NAVFAC Washington area of responsibility
- Design and technical competence with developing and production of complete Statements of Works, including drawings and specifications for new and renovation projects
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge and experience as a Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Interim or secret clearance required, prior to hire and start
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
How you'll grow
- Thorough knowledge of the construction contract requirements on each definable feature of work and recommend changes or corrective action as necessary.
- Knowledge of both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects.
- Ability to estimate design/construction efforts of scopes of works and assist the Contracting Officer in the negotiations of statements of work with the General Contractor.
- Ability to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical systems, including progressively difficult substantial experience in this field.
- Ability to function independently, interpreting, adapting, and supplementing this knowledge as necessary to complete the task, test, or project.
- Knowledge of and experience with the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional mechanical engineering and a good understanding, both theoretical and practical of the engineering science techniques and their application to evaluate and implement engineering decisions and practice engineering skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems effort and extensive hands on experience in a variety of mechanical systems projects, including boiler operations, chiller performance and retrofit, vertical transportation systems, and pumps/motors and utility systems.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as well as construction management.
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes.
- Thorough knowledge of QC inspection tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of principles of construction technology and construction industry practices
- Knowledge of EM 385-1-1, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Safety and Health Requirements Manual.
- Have good working knowledge of AUTOCAD.
- Ability to design DDC control systems, including production of the sequences of operation, point lists, and control diagrams.
- Have working knowledge of the SpecIntact and ability to produce and edit specification for design projects.
- Have working knowledge of the latest UFCs, UFGS, NFPA, International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes.
- Have practical experience with construction site visits and ability to produce field progress reports as needed.
- Ability to provide engineering solutions (can the ET provide engineering solution to problems or recommend solutions to the ME for considerations?) to problems when requested by the government.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written presentations.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Nowhiring #Secretclearance #Construction
#Chenega Worldwide Support
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program