The Energy Manager is responsible for monitoring, managing and improving the energy efficiency of all ACPS-owned facilities. Th is position will propose and implement conservation measures, monitor energy consumption, assess business decisions for sustainability and seek out opportunities for increasing energy efficiency. The Energy Manager will work closely with the Offices of Capital Programs, Planning and Design, Educational Facilities and Maintenance and Custodial Services to ensure proposed energy efficiencies are aligned with the operational strategic plans of the Department. This position may also interface with external consultants (i.e. architects, contractors, etc.) on energy-related matters.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Facilities and Operations . This office is responsible for the management, oversight and execution of support operations for ACPS .
Education: Bachelor's degree in e nergy management, facilities-related engineering ( mechanical , electrical , energy, etc.) , or related fields. Master's degree preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: C ertified Energy Manager (CEM), F acility Management Professional (FMP) and/ or LEED Certification or related certifications preferred.
- F ive to seven years of highly successful and comprehensive experience in energy management of commercial facilities. Additional experience in design and building construction , facilities operations and planning , or buildings and grounds logistics management is a plus . Public schools experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of energy efficiency best practices, LEED standards, renewable energy technologies and sustainable community design
- Experience in translating energy and utility consumption data into quantitative analysis for budget and decision-making purposes
- Demonstrated experience with civic offices and public engagement of capital and maintenance projects
- Knowledge of design and construction laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge of facility inspection, quality controls, and safety assurance methods and associated metrics
E ssential Functions :
- Complete a udits for ACPS-owned f acilities for energy efficiency. I nspect facilities with local and federal energy laws in mind to ensure adher ence to all regulations.
- M onitor facilities in order to identify areas where energy is wasted or energy efficiency needs improvement, analyzing utility usage in order to develop conservation projects.
- C reate and oversee the implementation of short and long-term projects and strategies that increase energy efficiency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and minimize unnecessary consumption , including familiarity with and support of Net Zero initiatives and objectives .
- I mplement energy-related cost-saving measures. Assist in the capital project and maintenance project budget development process by project ing energy savings and identify ing energy goals for each project.
- P articipate in the design , renovation and construction administration of buildings to ensure energy efficiency and attainment of LEED green building certification levels .
- M onitors the utility budget , to include calculating current energy costs as well as potential savings of upcoming projects. P repare budget reports and cost estimates to send to appropriate stakeholders .
- Prepare and s ubmit formal documentation and status updates for all current energy projects, regular utility consumption data reports and documentation of results for completed energy projects.
- Supports the Executive Director in developing, shaping and carry ing out the energy management approach and plan for the Division . This includes proposing energy management software and/or modules to use.
- Provides advice and guidance to respective Directors within the Facilities and Operations Department, members of the Senior Leadership Team, other ACPS consultants and partners on energy plan matters.
- Coordinates meetings as needed to manage the respective administrative, support and technical program requirements .
- Review and familiarity with local environmental and energy codes, plans and policies.
- Serves as a representative and liaison for the Energy Management program with local o fficials and general public .
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the Department and Division .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must maintain current driver license and be able to operate a vehicle to travel to and from ACPS facilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisor, peers, colleagues and others.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in public setting .
- Ability to keep accurate records, prepare timely and detailed reports and make presentations on behalf of the program with various audiences and types of groups
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google document applications, and energy management software . Able to learn ACPS software with training as provided.
- Must be able to understand and follow board policies and division administrative guidelines
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
$70,168.80 - $114,132.00 / Administrator SAS-05 Shift Type: