The USAID Annex (UA) and Ronald Reagan Building (RRB) have large conference centers that will be utilized by the entire Agency. The creation of these resources requires a cultural change for the way that USAID operates and will require a full time resource to manage each of these spaces. The Conference Room Coordinator
is essential to the overall success of the conference center and the driving force in making this resource customer friendly and easy to use. The ideal Coordinator is a proactive problem-solver, detail-oriented, and customer service driven individual with the ability to ensure USAID employees and their guests thrive in their usage of large conference rooms in both the UA and the RRB. Responsibilities
- Ensure all occupancy protocols for tenants and visitors of the UA and RRB are met.
- Oversee space reservations for the UA and RRB conference and training facilities.
- Serve as a resource for employees who need assistance in making, changing, checking-into or managing reservations either in person or remotely.
- Work alongside building management to ensure common areas and shared resources are maintained in an operable status. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring:
- The following meeting supplies are available:
- Whiteboards and whiteboard markers
- Cabling for technology is present
- Paper and staples are provided for printers/copiers
- Shared workspaces are in a clean and usable condition
- Placing tickets for room configuration
- Coordinating with building movers
- Pull reports to support preparation of space utilization reports and support actions based on the studies to improve building operations and/or employee performance.
- Partner with the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity (OCRD) to understand and support the reasonable accommodation requests and work to execute approved reasonable accommodations.
- Partner with the Office of the Chief Information Officer in the Bureau for Management (M/CIO) to be knowledgeable, trained, and able to support the full usage of the technology within a conference room, including but not limited to:
- TV screens
- Internet access
- Virtual meeting software, etc.
- Support conference room users in troubleshooting technology and equipment issues.
- Serve in an administrator role for the Google Calendar reservation system with ability to triage meetings as needed.
- Support requests for reservation system data or conference room usage data to support agency understanding of tenant behaviors and inform future space management practices, policies, and protocols.
- Pull data from the reservation system and any other utilization documentation to support space planning strategy.
- Perform various special projects supporting the changing, evolving, and maturing business practices related to use of conference center in a smart occupancy building.
- Identify topics of major concern that must be addressed by leadership in the Bureau for Management.
- Work with higher grade specialist to ensure these problems or issues are brought to the attention of the appropriate program officials within the building management team.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma/GED required
- Active secret clearance
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- 3+ years of conference room management is preferred
- Knowledge of the following:
- Reservation system and available data and/or other systems to support data management related to conference center usage
- Tenant space utilization and analysis of needs
- M/MS related roles sufficient to advise on the execution of:
- Facilities management
- Building operations and maintenance requirements
- Impacts to building occupants
- Life cycle approaches to facilities asset management
- Health and safety hazards applicable to facilities including:
- Life safety
- Confined spaces
- Fall protection
- Other potential exposures
- Property risk including:
- Fire protection
- Other potential exposures
- Safety, health, and fire protection requirements in construction, O&M, and custodial contracts
- Building physical security requirements and risk mitigation, building access procedures, and response
- Network, space management, virtual communications, as well as new technologies
- Building automation systems, CAFM, Google Calendar (reservation system), and other data and technology resources and information
- UA and RRB Agency resources:
- Operational protocols and its conference center technologies
- Major issues
- Goals and objectives
- Work processes
- Administrative operations
- Basic emergency management including:
- Sheltering in place
- Active shooter
- Knowledge and skill in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness
- Skills in:
- Customer-oriented troubleshooting and planning
- Industry awareness
- Innovations and impacts
- Strong customer service skills to enable individuals to successfully engage with conference center users
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills to maintain building operations and tenant/customer satisfaction
- Ability to travel
- Ability to pull conference center utilization data to inform decisions regarding space management
- Ability to plan space reorganizations to accommodate changing tenant requirements
- Ability to resolve problems relating to space assignment and use
- Ability to communicate protocols one-on-one, in a small group, to a large forum, and over virtual mediums
- Ability to negotiate with all levels of employees to ensure space occupancy is appropriately managed within the properties of USAID's operational protocols
- Ability to make on-the-spot decisions regarding the utilization of space and communicate those decisions in a manner that maintains tenant/customer service by supporting those adversely affected by the decision
#Chenega Applied Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program