West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Risk Specialist (Card Team)
Do you like working in the spotlight? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? Are you intellectually curious? As a Principal Risk Associate at Capital One you'll be responsible for working with business partners to help identify and mitigate potential risks to Capital One.
Principal Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Lead change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented and implemented
- Risk Consulting to one or more Business Areas relative to their business lines and provide advice and guidance as required
- Develop and leverage key relationships with stakeholders that enable collaboration across the enterprise
- Ensure process framework is delivered within established Enterprise standards
- Coordinate the various process interactions including meeting logistics
- Facilitate collaborative meetings with 1st and 2nd line process participants
- Monitor system of record for accuracy, quality, and consistency
- Provide training to Stakeholders as needed
- Connect the dots of the changing strategic and operational priorities and risk environment and partner with the risk advisors and business to understand the impacts
- Be intellectually curious to question the obvious, explore options, and seek to develop and implement efficiencies and process improvements
- Solid verbal and written communication skills are essential for success in this role
- Able to self manage, prioritize work and and consistently deliver results
- At least 1 year of Risk Management experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- 3+ years of Risk Management experience
- 3+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- 5+ years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business client
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).