Senior Software Development Engineer, Back-End Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
Designs, develops, and enhances application programming interfaces (APIs) for cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) web-based clinical trials applications. Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, and enhances APIs for cloud-based, SaaS web-based clinical trials applications
- Collaborates with product, front-end and software quality assurance (SQA) teams for integration, design, and verification in an agile environment
- Adheres to industry best practices and Emmes' quality standards for code security and optimization
- Performs unit testing, debugging, and troubleshooting as needed to ensure quality of work
- Performs code reviews, assess regression impact for design changes, and complete technical documentation
- Identifies opportunities for refactoring/reworking major modules and see implementation through to deployment
Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of related professional experience
- Expertise in web platform development tools like Node.js, Express, AWS Amplify, AWS Lambda, AppSync, and GraphQL
- Expertise in API security
- Expertise with DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, or other relational database management system
- Experience with source code repositories like AWS CodeCommit, Git/GitHub, or SVN
- Any of the following additional technical skills would be a plus, but none are required:
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with ECS/Docker
- Experience with distributed/event-driven systems (like Kafka or Kinesis)
- Experience working in an agile team
- Experience with modern IDEs like VSCode and integrated plugins for version control, code prettify(eslint)
- Experience with ReactJS, Material-UI, or other front-end libraries
- Strong collaborating skills with cross-functional teams to ensure features ship successfully
- Strong multitasking, problem solving, and organizational skills
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.