Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Financial Analyst Job Description Principal Financial Analyst
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Financial Analyst in the Financial Services division, you will work for a forward leaning organization that is actively disrupting the Auto finance industry through innovation and a customer-centric approach. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient. Financial Analysts utilize a wide array of tools and data to perform analysis to identify drivers and trends that impact the near and long term trajectory of our division. Financial analysts have the resources and space to drive significant change across the team and organization.
You'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas:
- Customer Focus - work back from what your business customer needs to deliver on their goals
- Annual Budget, Monthly Financial Forecast and the Long-Term Financial Plan
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Reporting and Analysis
- Data Driven - understand all of the data that is key to your business line and how to analyze it
- Develop financial models and analyses to support growth of the business and strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to support accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Well-Managed - identify areas of opportunity in your role to drive efficiencies
- Immerse yourself in all of your processes to understand all of the moving pieces and second order impacts
- Assess alternative options, leveraging technology and automation
- Team Player - teach and learn from all of your team members
- Reach out to subject matter experts to learn more about each business line
- Share your knowledge with others on the team
- Be willing to help others on the team when challenges arise
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years experience in financial analysis and financial modeling
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering) or military experience
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Accounting, Finance, or Economics
Certified Treasury Professional or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or CFM
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis and financial modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- SQL and Python skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years experience in financial services, banking or technology industries
- 3+ years experience partnering with senior leaders and internal stakeholders
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).