Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat is seeking a Drupal Developer to be part of our team and develop Drupal websites to support social science research projects that span public health, clinical trials and education. You will work closely with software engineers, technical program managers, designers, test teams and domain experts to design and develop content management systems and websites that support our research mission. Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain responsive design websites that are dynamic and data driven.
• Test functionality of developed sites to ensure responsiveness, functionality, and efficiency.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with clients and/or development team to help articulate requirements, preferences, and expectations.
• Write well-documented code, following Drupal conventions.
• Write custom queries / produce custom views and reports.
• Participate in requirements gathering and other project meetings, applying expertise to propose approaches and solutionsBasic Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree with 5 + years of Drupal experience.
• Experience using specific function set for CMS (Drupal APIs)
• Significant experience coding custom modules.
• Experience working with Web services and third-party APIs.Preferred Qualifications:
• Able to apply an Agile development methodology with DevOps framework.
• Experience with version control systems (Git preferred) and containers (Docker preferred)
• Experience writing technical requirements and specifications.
• Experience with Solr and other search engines.Minimum Qualifications:
• Must possess excellent communication skills and be detail oriented.
• Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work in a team environment.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.