IT Engineer, Software Engineer
IT Engineer, Software Engineer
Position #: 106528)
The Software Engineer maintains, implements, and integrates both on premise and hosted systems using primarily Java and web-based technologies. The position is hands-on, agile, team-based development. The Software Engineer is responsible for:
- Implementing software application within a development team.
- Following a formal development methodology and working within scheduled timelines.
- Participating in peer code reviews, documentation, and formal testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Java as a language and platform.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of object oriented principles; software design; use of design patterns.
- Understanding of established software engineering standards and methodologies including some or all of the following: creation and use of Use Cases, UML modeling, source control, documentation, and unit testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, paired with ability to express complex technical concepts effectively.
- Experience working productively in a software engineering team in the design, development, and implementation of a software module/component.
- Familiarity with java web application environments (Servlets, JSP, HTML, CSS).
- Familiarity with Spring frameworks, databases (preferably Oracle), and data binding tools (ORM, XML).
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is $70,000 – $90,000. **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Employee will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus.
Best consideration date: 12/07/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/102021
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.