IT Operations Administrator US - Rockville, Maryland
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The IT Operations Administrator supports day-to-day needs for IT operations, network infrastructure, servers, desktops/laptops, and end user support.Responsibilities
- Performs administration, monitoring, maintenance, patching, upgrades, and support of IT operations infrastructure
- Responsible for system administration of servers, workstations, mobile devices, and other IT hardware, devices, and platforms such as O365, VPN, VDI, consisting of installation, configuration, and management of operating systems and software
- Assists with backup and disaster recovery processes and network security
- Assists with the development and maintenance of IT documentation and communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Provides Help Desk support in accordance with service level agreements during business hours and periodic after-hours support as needed
- Assists IT Operations Manager in implementing and maintaining best practices around activities such as quality and customer service standards, incident management, problem resolution, change management, and production support, which requires an up-to-date knowledge of current IT technologies and best practices
- Collaborates with IT Technicians and other staff on Help Desk tickets and assists with issues and escalations as needed
- Provides exceptional customer service, efficient analysis, and resolution of incidents and problems
- Identifies trends and enhances process to increase productivity and maintain high client satisfaction
- Assists with development of IT policies, IT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and department processes
- Assists with the design and implementation of efficient work processes, schedules, and checklists to ensure routine group and other related activities are performed in accordance with corporate and service-specific SOPs and applicable regulatory requirements
- Assists in the development of IT and infrastructure projects including team coordination
- Other duties as assigned
Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent work experience with a minimum of 1 year of experience
- Outstanding problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, and reasoning skills
- Highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as a team member
- Troubleshooting experience
- Windows server administration
- Experience with:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VMWare and VDI
- Office 365 administration
- Power Shell or other scripting languages
- Mobile Device Management
- Help desk or customer support experience
- Linux Server administration is preferred
- ITIL or similar certification is preferred
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.