Business Development Director US Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Business Development Director position identifies and pursues new business opportunities with existing clients as well as prospects. This position involves 50% travel to potential and current customer locations. Please note that positions that require travel for Emmes must be able to provide proof of being fully vaccinated. Responsibilities
- Sells the company's capabilities and differentiates Emmes from competitors, and follows up on leads
- Achieves annual sales plan for assigned territory
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at senior levels
- Develops account plans and partnerships with accounts (must have deep network of biotech and pharmaceutical contacts), and provides regular sales activity reports to management
- Provides general market and key competitor intelligence
- Interacts well with operations and has a detailed understanding of our operations including capabilities, capacity, and timelines
- Identifies the right "win strategy" for individual opportunities and client partnerships
- Sets and manages customer expectations
- Collaborates with company resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction
- Organizes and hosts client visits and bid defenses
- Evaluates proposals and budget quotations for territory and ensures both client and company requirements are met, and participates in proposal scope development
- Uses CRM tool to manage internal communications and document territory and client information
- Builds opportunity pipeline
Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific or business field
- 7 years' related experience to demonstrate skill proficiency
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Positions that require travel for Emmes must be able to provide proof of being fully vaccinated
- Strong performance to target in prior positions
- Significant sales and business development experience in providing CRO services to the biotech/ pharmaceutical market segments with direct experience in biotech/ pharma account management and interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow, and retain client base, as well as manage difficult situations
- Strong working relationships with internal operations, scientific and business staff
- Effective presentation, documentation, and interpersonal/team work skills preferably in the MS Office suite
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.