Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Patient Access Registrar who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Patient Access Registrar you will:
• Supports hospital registration of all outpatient and inpatient services by obtaining the financial information pertinent to reimbursement and statistical data.
• Enters all demographic, insurance and patient notes accurately
• Register and pre-register patients as they arrive for their appointments and collect patient responsibility.
• Obtain any needed signatures from the patient at the time of registration or arrival.
• Greet and route all visitors/patients and responds to their requests in a helpful and courteous manner on the phone and in person.
• Perform accurate demographic and insurance updates on all patients as needed and required.
• Verify, collect and accurately enter insurance information into electronic health record system, and immediately notify supervisor if problems arise.
• Provide administrative support for Patient Access Dept., including answering phones, typing, faxing, electronic filing, copying, scanning and data entry, as needed.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Minimum of 1 year experience within a healthcare environment. Can include insurer or public health setting as well.
• At least 1 year experience in patient registration and/or eligibility and benefits.
• Requires some knowledge/training in government payer rules and regulations
• Requires some knowledge/training regarding TPLs, WC, and other payment sources and liabilities
• High School Graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Alternating Saturday and Every Sunday from 8am to 8pm. Occasional weekday assistance may be added when needed.
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.