Summary The Systems Architect
will strategically design, configure, operate, and perform maintenance on networking and computer systems, including hardware, software, web portals, internet and intranet connections, firewalls, servers, and security that allow the Navy's Risk Management Information (RMI) system and The Air Force Safety Automated System (AFSAS) infrastructures to function. The Systems Architect
will also provide guidance on best security and operational practices in Amazon Web Services (AWS) to define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices for the program. Responsibilities
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining systems and software for the Navy and Air Force.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with RMI program goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to System Analysts, System Engineers, other System Architects, and software development teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Where applicable, design, develop and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated
- Document existing system architecture and technology portfolio and make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Confer with end-users' requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance.
- Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of IT implementation experience OR
- High school diploma or GED and 9+ years of experience
- 3+ years of RMF experience
- Active T3 Investigation/Secret
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route 53 & S3).
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments.
- Ability to lead highly available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Large-scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud.
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting, and notifications.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Experience with DoD STIGs.
- Experience with Authority to Operate (ATO) processes.
- Knowledge with Linux and Windows.
#Kapsuun Group, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program