AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
AARP's Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) Group includes Membership, Content and Editorial, Customer Experience, External Relations, Brand Strategy and Strategic Communications. Across paid, earned, shared and owned channels, ICM manages AARP's reputation, drives engagement and member growth, and showcases AARP's mission and value through one, integrated voice.
Designs, develops, tests, documents, and deploys business solutions on the Salesforce platform. Manages the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in the Salesforce application. Collaborates with cross-functional teams regarding status, technical issues, and creative solutions. Responsibilities
- Defines the platform roadmap based on business needs, the impact on business goals, and the input from stakeholders and leadership.
- Establishes digital platform product strategy and manages capability lifecycle. Develops and administers modules, dashboards, interfaces, reports, and/or access levels.
- Prioritizes product backlogs and operational needs and sets priorities for the team to meet business outcomes.
- Fosters positive relationships and collaboration across the organization, serving internal clients from across the association and partnering with technology and platform leads to create integrated solutions.
- Manages platform vendor relationship, including both professional services and licensing contracting.
- Creates best-in-class processes to deliver excellent client and subscriber experiences across digital channels. Delivers support and solutions for break/fix issues.
- Leads, manages, and mentors the platform team to design, deliver, measure, and improve business outcomes using an agile approach.
- Ensures the team focuses on work that aligns with the platform strategy and enterprise needs, as defined by customer and/or employee journeys.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience with subscriber-centered design principles especially within the email and SMS channels
- 10+ years of Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar software as service email service provider experience
- Salesforce Email Specialist Certification or ability to attain certification within 90 days
- In-depth knowledge of scrum and agile software development methodology
- 10+ years of demonstrated success leading teams, especially within large matrixed organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools such as Tableau
- Experience facilitating enterprise-level user acceptance testing
- 10+ years of marketing operations and management experience
- Experience managing financials of scrum teams including reporting ROI
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement and discretion requiring the employee to compare and evaluate various courses of conduct and make a decision (or recommend a decision to be made) after various possibilities have been considered.
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.