Dewberry is looking to hire a Senior Training Manager, Project Leadership
responsible for managing the training and development of skills needed by those who lead complex projects in our company. This position is based out of our Fairfax, VA office. This role will build upon the success of our current project management training program to bring in innovative approaches, address evolving best practices, and incorporate additional skill components as identified. Training and development initiatives focused on project leadership will be key to building the skills of our team managers, project managers, and other leaders across the organization. The successful candidate will understand all training modalities that best fit the needs.
The Senior Training Manager, Project Leadership will also be tasked with designing, developing, and facilitating custom virtual and face-to-face workshops as requested by local offices and as directed by executives. Responsibilities include working with Dewberry leaders to gather input, working with potential course content and delivery vendors, determining the process by which employees participate in , evaluating program effectiveness, and building the processes needed to keep the program running and continually improved year after year. This high-visibility, high-value work will have a clear and lasting impact on Dewberry's culture and business success. This role provides a training professional with the opportunity to design and implement innovative learning approaches within our organization.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Lead a cross-functional team to gather input, identify the skills needed by those who lead projects at Dewberry, analyze skill gaps, and recommend solutions.
- Design training approaches that expand upon the goals of the project management training program, broaden its impact on individuals and the organization, and reinforce learning on an ongoing basis.
- Determine how to involve the project management advisory group, Dewberry senior leaders, and other stakeholders in the execution of project leadership-focused training initiatives
- Determine the investments and vendors needed to run effective project leadership training initiatives
- Create and manage the budget for project leadership training initiatives
- Measure and report on the success of project leadership training initiatives
- Design learning interventions and facilitate custom workshops that build project leadership skills
- Identify, select, and manage vendors used to develop and deliver project leadership training initiatives
- Work with others on the Training and Development team to schedule and deliver the leadership and employee engagement workshops and learning events
- Stay abreast of certification and continuing education requirements for our licensed and certified architects, engineers, consultants, field personnel, and others in the A/E industry; maintain relationships with accrediting entities in the industry.
Required Skills & Required Experience
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So, if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
- 15+ years of related experience in training development and program management
- 10+ years of experience in instructional design
- 10+ years of experience in project management in general
- 5+ years of experience facilitating training events
- College degree
- Aptitude and experience managing cross-functional projects in a matrixed structure
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Strong consultation and communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strategic thinker who is curious and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and develop mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
- Ability to craft and present a business case to executives in a concise compelling manner
- PMP Certification required
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills
- Familiarity with Lean and Agile project management is a plus
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.