Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat is seeking a Research Assistant I to support our ongoing health research studies. Experience working in a health research or clinical setting a plus.Job Responsibilities:
- Working with nurses and other members of an interdisciplinary team to collect data.
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the data collected utilizing various tracking systems.
- Requesting medical records and reports and pathology material.
- Supporting clinical activity at the NIH Clinical Center and in the field.
- Facilitating specimen collection (assembling collection kits, communicating with lab and research participants etc.)
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year experience with Research and/or Clinical experience.
- 1 yr. experience in health care related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
- Organization skills, including time management ability
- Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.