Clearance Required:Top Secret SCI
US Citizenship:RequiredSummary The MIL Corporation
is looking for a Telecommunications Engineering, Analyst
to support the engineering, design, and installation of Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) telecommunications cabling and related cabling infrastructure. This role supports a Federal Government client in Washington, DC, and surrounding areas, with occasional travel to sites outside of the metro-DC area. Responsibilities
- Perform site surveys and create schedule/cost estimates for ISP and OSP work at DoD Customer sites (CONUS and OCONUS).
- Develop and/or interpret engineering packages and provide job site coordination support for materials, tools, and work crews.
- Interface frequently with the end customer, attend project meetings, submitting daily or weekly status reports.
- Lead, supervise, and mentor installation crews.
- Co-ordinate with customers and external contractors for installation of facility modifications such as power connections and HVAC equipment.
- Meet with customers and customer representatives, arrange the coordination of passes for work crews, staging of materials and tools, meeting with necessary base personnel.
- Coordinate with project managers to create Bill of Materials, recommending product.
- Supervise and assist as required for any necessary pre-installation testing of materials.
- Coordinate the setup of equipment, tools, and permits for Confined Space entry and enter confined spaces as necessary.
- Recommend on-site field engineering solutions, with concurrence from MIL RCDDs, for issues that arise during the execution of work.
- Supervise the installation of cabling infrastructure including pathways and the installation of both fiber optic and copper cabling.
- Maintain responsibility for quality of efforts and safety of personnel.
- Provide as-built drawings and documentation using CAD, Visio, and Microsoft Office products.
- Produce engineering / installation design documentation and test plans as required.
- Review final Engineering technical data package (TDP) products (drawings, equipment lists, etc.) for completeness and correctness.
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for both coworkers and for federal customers.
- Long distance travel up to 25% of the time, to CONUS and OCONUS sites as required.
- Local travel up to 75% of the time
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of TIA/EIA, BICSI, IEEE as they apply to the installation of OSI Layer 1 infrastructure.
- At least five (5) years of experience working OSP and/or ISP cabling and cabling infrastructure.
- Ability to develop and interpret engineering packages.
- Experience with testing fiber and copper.
- Experience working in data centers and server farms.
- Experience working in inside and outside cable plant environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organization skills.
- Familiar with and ability to apply the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to interface professionally with individuals at all levels and communicate effectively with project staff and other team members.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Visio, Microsoft Office suite, and SharePoint.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- Top Secret / SCI clearance with Yankee White.
- Current RCDD Certification or BICSI Technician and continued certification/training.
- Fiber and copper certifications.
- Confined space certification.
Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college. A high school diploma and nine (9) years of work experience related to the position or an Associate's Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college plus seven (7) years of additional work experience related to the position may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance, with the ability to obtain Yankee White
; please note that the clearance process considers financial background aspects. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.