The Cardiovascular Clinic seeks to hire an experienced Surgical Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Surgical Coordinator you will:
• Be responsible for scheduling all surgeries for the physicians in the office; Manage their surgical schedules and act as a patient advocate for our surgical patients.
• Ensure all patient visits are accounted for and scheduled including collaborating with other schedulers as needed.
• Set up date of surgery according to the physician schedule.
• Reassure patient about upcoming surgery and address any concerns he/she may have.
• Explain to patient their responsibilities and necessary pre-operative requirements, such as pre-op physical with their primary care physician, blood work, EKG's, etc.
• Schedule pre/post-operative visits with surgeon; Administer surgical prep packet to patient which contains all required paperwork to be completed prior to surgery.
• Pre-certify all surgical procedures with the appropriate insurance company and verify eligibility, deductibles, co pays, coverage of service, prior to services being rendered.
• Collect all deductible amounts prior to surgery
• Communicates clearly any handoffs to other schedulers
• Efficiently and timely manage workflow tasks in EMR System
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 2 year degree/Associates or experience, preferred
• 2-4 years medical office/healthcare environment and/or Medical Office Scheduling experience preferred
• Ability to lead and coordinate duties and assignments for schedulers/team members
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrate excellent customer service and positive interactions with patients and clinical staff
• Ability to demonstrate office management practices, procedures, and use of equipment; Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred
• Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and multitasking; Speak clearly and adjust telephone manner while communicating with all internal and external agency customers
• Knowledge and ability to perform scheduling and review functions in EMR software
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
• Employees receive a 10% tuition discount at all KinderCare Centers nationwide
• Additional 20% Employer-Sponsored subsidy available at select D.C., Maryland, and Virginia child care centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Full Time Monday- Friday
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.