Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Principal Associate, Talent Assessment
As a Talent Assessment team member, you'll be part of Capital One's People Analytics organization working closely with Talent Acquisition partners and other I/O Psychologists to design and deliver innovative selection strategies to support our shared business goals. With an emphasis on quantitative and qualitative analysis, you'll support the design, validation, and implementation of assessment tools and processes to help ensure Capital One secures outstanding and diverse talent across our enterprise.
Our ideal candidate will display a strong balance of analytical and problem-solving skills, business consulting, and communication competencies as well as the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. You'll be on a team of employee selection subject matter experts and will design, conduct, and document analyses (e.g., adverse impact metrics; sampling plans; validation studies) supporting projects with enterprise-wide impact and specific to lines of business as well.
You'll have the opportunity to consult with Talent Acquisition and other HR partners on selection projects, process improvements, reporting and analysis tools, and other initiatives focused on improving the candidate experience and enabling best practices in the pre-employment assessment space.
As a Talent Assessment team member, your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining large data sets for analyses on various selection and assessment programs
- Serving as an analyst for selection tool evaluation and reporting, including business impact analyses for selection solutions and programs
- Communicating results of statistical analyses, along with their implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Participating in the design, development, validation, testing, and implementation of practical, effective, defensible, and candidate-friendly products and selection tools and processes
Successful team members demonstrate competencies in these areas:
- Analysis: Identify opportunities for improvement and use data to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Execution: Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and develop plans and tools for monitoring outcomes
- Partnership: Collaborate with colleagues across Capital One including: HR, Technology, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive candidate experience improvements and business results.
- Strategic & Analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
- Business communication: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, including strong visualization skills (i.e., able to "tell the story" and highlight key insights in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood by stakeholders at all levels across the organization and with varying levels of technical savvy).
- Results focus: Drives for results and achieves important goals applying strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Master's degree
- At least 1 year of employee selection and assessment work experience
- At least 1 year of data analysis experience conducting analyses, and building statistical models in R, Python, and/or SQL
- At least 1 year of experience in consulting
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or other technical or quantitative discipline, including but not limited to Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Economics, Behavioral Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Statistics
- At least 2 years professional work experience
- At least 2 years of employee selection experience
- Proficient in Python
- Knowledge of a variety of employee assessments and methods
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methodologies, including regression, longitudinal analysis, and/or Bayesian modeling
- Proficient in using Google Suite products or similar programs
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
- $100,481 and $118,545 for Principal HR Associate
- $84,417 and $99,593 for Sr. HR Associate
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).