Lead Management - Development Assistant
- No Labels
- Washington D.C.
- Nov 10, 2022
- Dec 15, 2022
- Government and Public Services
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
THIS IS A FULL-TIME IN OFFICE POSITION
Are you angry and frustrated by the state of American politics? Do you think Washington has gone seriously wayward? Do you believe in your heart that we’d be a lot better off if the two parties stopped fighting all the time and instead sat down and simply worked things out collaboratively? There’s only one political movement in Washington devoted to that cause—No Labels.
No Labels is run from a small office in Washington D.C by mission-driven, dynamic staff. It’s a place defined by a different energy than most political offices which are, by definition, taking cues from higher-ups. We’re small, constantly in motion, charged up, and determined to press forward against the odds. And if that sounds like a working environment that might appeal to you, we hope you’ll read on.
Learn more about our mission on our website https://www.nolabels.org/
Learn more about our 2024 project:
- Read about No Labels "Unity Ticket" Featured on Fox News https://www.foxnews.com/politics/centrist-group-quietly-mobilizing-for-bipartisan-2024-unity-ticket-as-biden-trump-move-closer-to-re-electio
- Read David Brooks' New York Times column explaining our 2024 project https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/opinion/third-presidential-candidate-2024.html
The ideal candidate embodies a resourceful and proactive work ethic, demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills, and has a keen eye for detail. The right candidate has a strong awareness of U.S. politics and understanding of the political system, with a background in political research, database management, and prospect outreach. You enjoy managing donor leads and identifying new prospects for the fundraising team to pursue. Experience in fundraising is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support new donor research and prospect outreach in an assigned territory and sector, including weekly list pulls, database uploads, and email communication
- Draft external correspondence, including but not limited to emails, invitations, and mailings
- Manage and maintain contact records, through data entry, and other database functions on all prospects and donors
- Develop and manage a scalable research program to support the fundraising team's sustainable growth
- Utilize multiple search tools and databases to research candidates to best support the organization
- Manage and maintain research file and list hygiene; work through outdated data and implement best practices
- Work with senior team to drive research and recruitment strategy, adapting as needed to find creative ways to grow the prospect pool
- Execute weekly email communication with research targets, analyze performance metrics, and own next pipeline steps; coordinate with writing team to draft timely messaging
- Stay knowledgeable and up to date on FEC reporting and pull down lists quarterly, merging new data with the CRM
- Work with event hosts to create, promote, and manage virtual and in-person donor recruitment events of all sizes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 1+ year in research project or program management
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years of development and/or donor research experience
- Experience in CRM database management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meet competing deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate with team members while staying focused on individual goals
Medical and dental insurance coverage; 401k; generous paid time off.
More about No Labels
- We are No Labels and we believe in an America where every voice counts.
- We believe excellent minds lie on the left and right of our political spectrum, and when they can respect each other’s point of view, only good things happen.
- For too long, the loudest, angriest and most extreme voices have drowned out everyone else. Our movement has the power to do something about it.
- We have spent the last decade building a nationwide network of citizens and a group of allies in the U.S. House and Senate have forged bipartisan agreements to solve some of America’s toughest challenges. But this moment calls for something much bigger.
- That is why we are working to ensure Americans have a real choice in the 2024 presidential election.
- It’s the hardest and most important thing we’ve ever done. And to succeed, we need more thinkers and doers to join our fast growing grassroots movement.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org