Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is expanding its Proposal Pricing team and has a new opening for a Proposal Pricing Senior Analyst. In this role you will coordinate and support the review of RFP's and the development of business proposal pricing guidelines for the pricing team. You will write proposal narratives, develop new company pricing templates, and support other team members, utilizing broad knowledge of proposal best practices and procedures. This position is based at Westat's Rockville, Maryland headquarters and eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement.Job Responsibilities:
- Supports Manager Proposal Pricing, in a role of deputy to the pricing team members.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and respond to inquiries from junior pricing staff as needed.
- Prepares complex proposal pricing responses to RFPs.
- Writes pricing narratives for RFPs.
- Collaborates with Area proposal managers regarding details required in business proposals, including application of labor and overhead rates, proposal requirements and non-labor costs.
- Collaborate with areas to prepare pricing bid strategies for complex RFPs.
- Prepares pricing modifications for existing contracts, analyzing pricing estimates against previous cost experience. Recommend adjustments as needed.
- Evaluate proposal risks and make recommendations to minimize.
- Evaluate compliance with government contracting regulations. Advise proposal team leadership of changes needed.
- Assist Manager in training of new proposal pricing personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance and/or accounting.
- 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced degree in business or similar field.
- Experience in training pricing staff.
- Supervisory experience of junior pricing staff.
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
- Organization skills, including time management ability
- Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.