Receptionist - Washington DC
5 days left
- Full Time
Permanent Full-Time Receptionist
Alphatec is seeking a permanent full-time receptionist with immediate availability for our Architectural/Engineering firm in Dupont Circle (metro accessible). The full-time receptionist will work in-person (on location), 40-hours a week (Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm). This is not a remote position.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a good, clear, professional phone voice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel 2019) and Adobe Acrobat PDF
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and InDesign CS5 is a huge plus
- Minimum 40 WPM (typing speed)
- Quick learner/attention to detail to learn our database/filing system (Windows-based)
- Highly Organized: able to multi-task, prioritize, and handle multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously
- Self-Starting: Should not need to be prompted to perform repeating tasks and takes it upon themselves to organize project files and fix observed discrepancies
- Excellent communication skills: able to effectively manage office operational flow and coordinate in-house material
- Ability to follow directions and fill out office standard formats/templates
- Patient in a fast-paced work environment, during multiple deadlines
Your responsibilities would include:
- Checking voicemail, answering phones, transferring calls, taking messages
- Processing Shop Drawings, RFIs, and other submittal materials for different jobs into our filing tree utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat PDF. Tracking utilizes Microsoft Excel formulas.
- Transcribing meeting minutes, drawing notes, and other hand-written technical documents into Microsoft Word
- Proofreading for spelling and grammar, checking for formatting consistency, and updating headers and footers in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign (Master Page Templates)
- Packaging documents into combined PDFs, inserting and replacing pages, making sure package is bookmarked and paginated properly
- Editing charts and creating presentations in Microsoft Powerpoint or other presentation software
- Editing photographs for size and clarity in Adobe Photoshop CS5, inserting photographs and captions into Adobe InDesign CS5 and Microsoft Word
- Making photocopies, scanning documents to email, and printing/binding books in 3-ring binders and comb bind
- Compiling and distributing in-house weekly tracking logs
- General administrative support
Applicants will be contacted over the phone for a preliminary conversation to gauge interest and compatibility. A full interview will take place at the office and applicants will be given an Office Proficiency Test, including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2019, and a timed typing speed test.
Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required. Familiarity with the architectural/engineering process and specification editing (AIA Masterspec and SpecsIntact) is preferred, but not required.
Please submit a PDF resume for consideration.
Alphatec PC is a fully integrated architectural and engineering firm specializing in design and planning for public-sector and private-sector clientele. Our group of architects, engineers, and administrative professionals have built an award-winning portfolio with strong commitment to energy efficient and environmentally responsible facilities. Alphatec received the '2021 Top Companies in the Washington DC Area' from Glassdoor.com, as well as the Architect of the Year Award in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018 from the Associated General Contractors of Metro DC. With an emphasis on technical ability, Alphatec PC provides a blend of projects ranging from government institutions to higher education facilities. Highly specialized applications include biomedical laboratories, fleet facilities, R&D laboratories, power plants, campus infrastructure, and environmentally controlled prototypical aviation hangars.
- Walking distance from the Dupont Circle metro station.
Apply for Receptionist - Washington DC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly