Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a senior .NET Architect/Developer with experience in designing and developing ASP.NET web applications. The position involves becoming a leader on the technical team to manage and enhance a Westat platform and web sites that are used to support project operations.
• You will be part of a team that develops and maintains a Westat proprietary platform that supports project operations.
• You will be responsible for enhancing existing capabilities, developing new capabilities, and integrating new systems.
• You will work with project teams at Westat in gathering requirements, standing up and configuring the platform.
• A key role will be to help modernize the platform with updated .NET technologies
• A bachelor's degree in a computer science or information technology and 12 or more years of experience in developing and maintaining ASP.NET
web applications is required.
• Experience with C# and .NET web forms is required.
• Experience with database modeling and development using SQL Server.
• Experience in designing and developing web services.
• Candidate should have excellent communications skills.
• Strong collaboration and organizational skills; detail-oriented and work well in a team environment.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.