Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Associate, User Experience Designer
Are you an Principal Associate Experience Designer looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in visual design, interaction design, customer research and influence product strategy? Do you want to transform an industry centered around how people find and finance cars? Then Capital One may just be the right place for you.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. Today we are a high-tech company, an innovation laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers great consumer experiences. It's audacious work at a massive scale. As a team, we come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic and bold. As a designer, you are:
What you'll bring:
- Action Oriented. You don't wait for someone to tell you what to do, you are constantly pushing a vision and a point of view through your designs. You love expressing your design ideas in a variety of formats, at any stage of development, as quickly as possible.
- A Strategic Problem-Solver. You're comfortable in ambiguity and passionate about finding clarity. You consider multiple perspectives, objectives, and needs to arrive at the ideal solution. You're business savvy while keeping your users' needs at the forefront of your designs.
- Customer Obsessed. You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people's lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
- Collaborative. You're a proactive team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts.
- A Storyteller. You're able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You're able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail Oriented. You're proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you've thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- A Master Craftsperson. You push tools like Sketch, InVision, Figma, and Adobe Suite to their extreme. You efficiently use your skill sets to develop new designs within existing visual systems and design languages and you are at the forefront of defining new design patterns.
- A Successful Juggler. You don't get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You're able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
- A Lifelong Learner. You have a hunger and curiosity to continually learn new things about design and to become a subject matter expert in whatever experience you are working in.
- A portfolio which demonstrates strong understanding of User Experience Design including (but not limited to): user flows, information architecture, journey mapping, and translating customer research, analytics, and insights into wireframes and high-fidelity designs.
- Experience practicing human-centered design and UX practices, using a range of methodologies including (but not limited to): design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, ideation, rapid prototyping, and frame-working to strategically define ideal experiences.
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase multiple design concepts quickly, with an acute understanding of what customer and business problems they solve.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc) and a strong desire to always learn more about them.
- Ability to scope requests, develop and communicate a level of effort, plan work in a team environment, adjust quickly to changes or new information, and escalate when necessary.
- Experience working with established brand guidelines, style guides, and code-based design systems.
- Experience delivering responsive designs across and tailored to large monitors, tablets, phones and other device types.
- Constantly bring a diverse group of stakeholders along the design journey. In this role, you'll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence, and create energy for an idea or an initiative.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Understanding of an agile/scrum development process.
- At least 4 years experience with user experience design
- Bachelor's degree in a design related field
- Experience with conducting user experience research
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).