Work, Grow, Succeed. Do you thrive on challenges? Are you in search of a real hands-on position where your skills will be put to the test? If so, Chenega Worldwide Support is the place for you! Come join our team of professionals who support a small-scale government operation supporting projects both CONUS and OCONUS, and is well-positioned to deliver design, engineering, construction and logistic needs no matter the location. We offer a wide range of solutions to federal programs of all sizes, providing unique and cost-efficient construction solutions within whatever borders our customers operate.
We are hiring for a General Clerk II. In this role, you will be expected to sort through hundreds of packages and envelopes every day, leaving no boring moments and providing plenty of challenges for the solution-focused applicant. You'll play an integral role in the functions of the company, and there is plenty of upward momentum if you prove yourself to be a first-class employee.
We offer fantastic benefits, retention bonus after your first year of employment as well as an employee referral bonus program. You know, it really pays to have a friend. So, what do you say? Come join the team! Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a General Clerk II
within our CWS
team, you will:
- Pick up official/PSC mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS) JBSA Lackland Branch Post Office Facility, accountable mail from Document Security office for PSCs #2, 3, and 7, and CMR Port San Antonio, Monday through Friday.
- Provide daily service for Postal Service Centers to include receiving, processing, distributing, and directing mail, assigning, and withdrawing mailboxes daily.
- Affix appropriate postage to all USPS outgoing official mail using Air Force-owned postage metering machines.
- Process daily, all official accountable mail received from the Document Security Section ensuring 100% accountability.
- Provide referral/directory service for all mail by the first pickup of the following workday.
- Inspect all DD Forms 2825, Internal Receipt, and AF Form 627, Application for Registration or Certification of Official Mail for errors and discrepancies prior to signing the form.
- Deliver and pick up official accountable mail and pre-sorted mail to and from the Central Mail Room.
- Maintain neat and orderly files.
- Issue, operate, and maintain lockboxes/mailboxes to authorized personnel, including assigning and withdrawing mailboxes as well as changing locks and combinations.
- Process unaccountable mail, like "Undeliverable as Addressed", within two workdays of receipt.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in UPS, FedEx, or any commercial postal mailroom operations
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and be deemed insurable under company policy
- Secret Clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
How you'll grow
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Must be loyal, trustworthy, and honest.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and the ability to use commercial software programs with the Microsoft Suite.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Worldwide Support, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program