Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an immediate opening for a Senior Study Director to join our team of leading public health researchers in supporting community-engaged research and evaluation studies focused on engaging Tribal Nations and/or Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders. Work may include partnership engagement, training and technical assistance in program development, research and evaluation to address health disparities and health equity in health promotion and disease prevention. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in project management, evaluation research, training and technical assistance, and business development.
This is a remote eligible role (U.S. based).Job Responsibilities:
- Lead qualitative and/or quantitative research, including major input to study design, instrument development, data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Lead the provision of technical assistance, including overseeing the development of training materials and workshops.
- Lead and work with cross-functional project teams.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert to projects with an authentic lens toward engaging American Indians and Alaska Natives and/or Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders.
- Provide operational support, overseeing and monitoring project costs as well as financial performance.
- Manage client relationships, delivering strategic council and troubleshooting project-related issues.
- Lead and participate in business development activities including capture and proposal development.
- Contribute to report results for publication in peer-reviewed and technical journals.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or equivalent and 8 years of experience or a PhD with 3 years of experience.
- Experience managing project budgets schedules and project teams
- In depth knowledge of public health programs, research, infrastructure, and current issues and best practices.
- Experience in health equity and community engaged research
- Experience in supporting strategy development and executing American Indian and Alaska Native and/or Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander health-related and behavior change programs
- Knowledge of and experience collaborating with organizations focused on American Indian and Alaska Native tribes and nations
- Experience working in or collaborating with academic institutions
- Familiarity with implementation science research
- Ability to communicate effectively, using generally accepted correspondence and report formats.
The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail and be comfortable and effective working on multiple, complex tasks in close coordination with others under limited direction, and have strong interpersonal and writing skills.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.