Washington, DC, US
The Institute of International Finance (IIF) is the global association of the financial industry, with member firms from more than 60 countries. The IIF provides its members with innovative research, unparalleled global advocacy, and access to leading industry events that leverage its influential network. Its mission is to support the financial industry in the prudent management of risks; to develop sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial, and economic policies that are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
The Institute is seeking a highly motivated Policy Associate to support the work of our Global Policy Initiatives department. S/he will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with policy analysis on sustainable finance issues.
- Supporting the delivery of IIF strategic projects, reports, and consultation responses on sustainable finance topics.
- Contributing to the IIF’s growing portfolio of sustainable finance research products, webinars, podcasts etc.
- Helping plan and execute IIF events including all SFWG meetings, roundtables, and relevant sessions at the IIF Spring and Annual Membership Meetings.
- Draft, edit, and manage publication of quarterly Sustainable Finance Monitor.
- Preparing drafts of meeting materials (annotated agendas, meeting summaries, presentations for conference calls and meetings).
- Draft briefing notes and talking points for senior management (including IIF CEO, Executive Vice President, Managing Director) on a wide range of topics including sustainable finance, ESG themes, sovereign debt policy, international trade, capital markets and geopolitical issues, among others.
- Organize and contribute to speaker guidance for assigned panel discussions at IIF events including the Spring and Annual Membership meetings, roundtables, conferences etc.
Applicants should have a college degree in economics, finance, environmental studies, or other related field, and at least two years of relevant experience in working on sustainable finance topics or a closely related field. Candidates must exhibit strong command of the English language, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment; work in a very fast paced, deadline-driven environment, and interact with all levels of staff in responding to a wide range of inquiries. Good organizational skills and attention to detail are also essential.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in Word format. For more information about the IIF, please refer to our website at https://www.iif.com.
IIF is pleased to provide its staff with a hybrid work environment. Covid Vaccine Requirement: IIF requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination against Covid. Accommodations will be provided only as required by applicable law.