The Employee Relations Business Partner
is responsible for facilitating and managing employee relations and implementing HR processes, procedures, and initiatives that enable the subsidiaries to meet business objectives. The Employee Relations Business Partner
facilitates dialogue on employee/employer issues. Provides counsel to supervisors and employees of the SBU family of companies regarding employment-related inquiries. Assist managers and supervisors with performance-based actions; corrective action and planning, and disciplinary actions. Responsibilities
- Conduct complex investigations and mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with EEO policies, federal, state, and local employment regulations as well as company policies.
- Recommend solutions to HR Leadership and facilitates implementation of a resolution that promotes fair employment practices.
- Perform trend and root cause analysis on Employee Relations issues and provide findings and recommendations for mitigating future occurrences.
- Analyze information and data necessary to define and discern cost and policy implications of negotiations and disputes.
- Use surveys, interviews, and other studies to conduct research regarding human resource policies, compensation, and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, makes recommendations on changes.
- Research and explain laws and legal guidelines concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees. Develops and provides employee relations training as needed.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing performance and employee grievances.
- Represent the organization in contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
- Collaborate with Managers on the development and review of supporting documentation for all involuntary separations to ensure that policies were followed, where applicable.
- Collaborate with HR leadership on matters of policy and terms of memoranda of understanding before and throughout the negotiation process.
- Partner with HR Leadership on HR initiatives to increase employee engagement, employee retention, and diversity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field preferred; experience may substitute degree
- A minimum of 5 years of HR experience in employee relations; conducting complex employee investigations and providing recommendations to ensure resolution.
- Must have strong expertise in conducting investigations and be skilled at documentation related to investigations.
- Experience working EEOC and/or legal claims
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Experience in DOD and Federal Government Contracting is preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred)
- Background check required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality pertaining to employee and internal HR-related matters.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including senior and executive management as well as outside contacts.
- Exceptional communication skills including effective listening, writing, and presentation
- Experienced in balancing multiple priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Must have strong attention to detail and apply good judgment in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to positively influence others in the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with managers and the HR Team.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required, based on operational tempo.
- Ability to travel up 10% as required.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program