The Director, Human Resources Operations
position is a hands-on role that balances HR strategies and directs the day-to-day tactical HR operations while maintaining an effective and customer service-focused HR Team. The Director, of Human Resources Operations,
will be a seasoned HR professional that manages the HR Team and works collaboratively with the SBU family of companies to ensure a fair and consistent approach to HR support that is aligned with company goals. Responsibilities
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, policies, and processes across with the goal of continual improvement and promoting a positive work environment.
- Mentor, lead and develop the HR team to ensure the professional development of team members, excellent HR support is provided to customers, and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Wage, and Hour and EEOC.
- Oversee HR Operations including, but not limited to: Employment classification and pay, Onboarding, Employee and Labor Relations, Workplace Investigations, and Compliance Training.
- Oversee and manage Employee Relations: Conducts complex investigations and mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with EEO Policies, all Federal, State, and local employment regulations as well as company policies. Recommends solutions to VP, Human Capital, and Diversity and facilitates implementation of a resolution that promotes fair employment practices.
- Partner with VP, Human Capital, and Diversity on HR all initiatives and projects.
- Formulate and maintain partnerships across the SBU family of companies to ensure the delivery of value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Development in the review of RFPs and solicitations.
- Oversee and negotiate collective bargaining agreements
- Perform trend and root cause analysis on Employee Relations issues and provide findings and recommendations for mitigating future occurrences.
- Collaborate with the VP, of Human Capital and Diversity in providing necessary supporting documentation and feedback for EEOC complaints and litigation requests to Corporate HR and /or Legal.
- Collaborate with and advise Subsidiary Operations Directors and management on the appropriate use of disciplinary action; provide guidance on employment actions.
- Collaborates with Managers on the development and review of supporting documentation for all involuntary separations to ensure that policies were followed, where applicable
- Develop and maintain data metrics of HR Operations provided to the MIOS SBU family of companies to ensure the effectiveness of HR Operations and that all departmental tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform HR Special Projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Bachelor's degree (e.g., Human Resources/Business Administration)
- 10+ years of senior level, full life cycle experience in Human Resources Operations. Experience to include:
- SCA and Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Supporting a CONUS and OCONUS geographically dispersed workforce
- 5+ years of direct Employee and Labor Relations experience including conducting employee investigations.
- 5+ years of experience as an HR leader working for a company conducting U.S. Government contracting in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Experience with developing HR data metrics of operations data utilizing Power-BI or similar systems preferred.
- Experience in the development of diversity plans and/or policies is a plus.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred
- Background check required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- HR operations subject matter expert with experience in all aspects of HR who is able to quickly establish credibility and trust with the management team and employees.
- Must have the ability to apply sound judgment, decision-making, and critical thinking
- Must be a hands-on, team-player with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the organization and across a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Strong functional knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Wage and Hour, EEOC
- Strong conflict management and resolution skills with extensive employee relations experience.
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required, based on operational tempo.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and sometimes with short notice
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program