201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack-Remote Eligible Enterprise Products & Platforms is laying the groundwork to develop stellar experiences today, and support future experiences we haven't yet dreamt up. We believe in arming the business with a strong foundation of products that leaves them empowered to innovate and create incredible customer experiences. We partner to solve business problems that move us all forward. We strive to be a reliable and productive partner today, and an innovative trailblazer for tomorrow. The ideal candidate should:
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for building applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies.
- Be responsible for all aspects of SDLC of existing and new components.
- Be comfortable building UIs using modern frameworks (React, Angular 7+ with Typescript, Vue.js), W3C Compliant Web Components, CSS/SCSS and HTML, backend microservices (Node.js Serverless using Typescript), and relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB) with full ownership of shipping user-facing enterprise products.
- Focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions using full-stack development tools and technologies
- Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and takes pride in the code they're responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It You Own It attitude
- Build resilient UX, APIs, and Microservices using latest technologies
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and deep monitoring of applications and services
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of the system, determine the priority of work, and ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Leverage DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 5+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Java, Scala, Python, Go, or Node.js
- 1+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
- 3+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
- $156,596 and $184,748 for Senior Software Engineer
Location is Colorado
- $132,699 and $156,555 for Senior Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).