Senior HR Generalist
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG, LLC is in need of a driven and experienced Senior HR Generalist. The successful candidate will lead the routine functions of our busy HR Department. This includes aligning the recruiting and onboarding process with the company's mission and goals, assisting in legal compliance to decrease company liability, administering pay, benefits,
and leave and enforce company policies and practices.
The qualified candidate must recognize the significance of working efficiently while effectively communicating with multiple personalities, different career specialties, and various levels of management. As part of the HR Department, this position requires a candidate that understands the importance of labor laws and how they play a part in company policies and procedures, compliance, and talent acquisition.
This position is based in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Helps manage the daily workflow within the HR Department to streamline efficiencies by providing leadership and reinforcing accountability.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the HR department.
- Assists the Director of HR with discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company
- Coordinates the successful execution of the recruiting process involving promoting open job positions, sourcing and screening potential candidates, and scheduling interviews while streamlining overall communication for the applicant and Hiring Managers.
- Implements company policies and procedures using the Company Employee Handbook and Addendums.
- Manages sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants, such as forming new relationships with colleges and trade schools, researching third-party recruiting platforms, networking with recruiters, and employer branding initiatives.
- Completes background checks, professional reference checks, and other employment eligibility
- Facilitates and assists with the completion of new hire packets, scanning/filing of documents for employee personnel files, and other HR-related onboarding
- Provides support and guidance to HR Generalist, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Assists in routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintains files, records, and databases with effective filing systems in direct connection with the maintenance of our HRIS.
- Upholds compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommends best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Sustains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Attains and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to assist and support the Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- 3+ years of experience working as an HR Lead, HR Generalist, or similar position
- Relevant HR Certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, ) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management
- Familiarity with using social media for recruiting, resume databases, and professional networks
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of PTO, Birthday PTO, & 7 Company Paid Holidays) • Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium • Dental & Vision Insurance • 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately • Basic Life & Supplemental Life• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability• Accident & Pet Insurance • Corporate Sponsored Events• Paid Professional Development & Salary Incentives through Learning/Certification Opportunities •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.