Summary Junior Media Destruction Tech VA/DC/MD Area
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
The media destruction program involves the processing and shipping of media and devices that
contain or are assumed to contain classified information media is in mixed form and includes but is not limited to, computers, laptops, servers, loose hard drives, USB drives, CDs, DVDs, smartphones, and other portable electronic devices. Responsibilities
- Prepare electronic assets that have been retired for either recycling or destruction.
- Account for all media and devices received to ensure 100% disposal of memory components.
- Separate all memory components from devices. Memory components include, but are not limited to hard drives, memory modules, and board-mounted chips.
- Sanitize all memory components to National Security Administration (NSA) standards and NIST SP 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization.
- Separate incompatibles in hazardous materials and ensure all hazardous materials are marked and stored properly in ventilated, dry, cool areas.
- Ensure all hazmat containers are adequately labeled and that all chemicals are stored in the appropriate containers.
- Sanitize intelligence customer Net, Unclassified printer, Net computers, and Top Secret (TS) equipment before shipping to field offices, headquarters, and OCONUS locations daily.
- Build pallets and check and process assets using customer internal systems.
- Ensure proper destruction of all memory components and media in accordance with NSA and NIST standards and guidelines.
- Ensure waste is separated into proper streams (plastics, metals, batteries, etc.) and routed to the correct place for recycling or disposal as appropriate
- Coordinate with the customer's Property Turn-In (PTI) team to ensure policies and procedures of the media destruction program are being met
- Assist the customer's Media Destruction team in coordinating with the security division to ensure all sanitization and destruction processes are implemented according to customer policy
- Assist with customer field office moves of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) spaces, including sanitizing computers, printers, and other media as well as properly destroying all memory components as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience sanitizing IT equipment
- A+ certification required within 6 months of starting on contract
- Hazardous material or dangerous goods training course required within 12 months
- Forklift and Hazmat training certification is required within 12 months
- Active Top Secret clearance required with eligibility to obtain a SCI
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Ability to have some physical exertion, like long periods of standing, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities, and recurring moving, lifting, and carrying of moderately heavy items.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Knowledge of NSA, and NIST procedures for disposition of hardware required.
- Must adhere to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods regulations when handling hazardous materials.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program