Director, Advancement Services
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Office of Institutional Advancement seeks a skilled and experienced Director, Advancement Services. Reporting to the Vice President, Institutional Advancement, this position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects UMBC Advancement Services programming, including accepting and entering gift transactions, processing them through to the centralized donor database, and tracking pledges, pledge payments, and gift fulfillment. This individual will also provide leadership and supervision to maintain and leverage the alumni/donor database to support all alumni and donor engagement activities, outbound solicitations including annual giving, sponsorship programming and major gift activities.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and management of all gift acceptance and processing activities as well as all maintenance of alumni and donor database records, following IRS and industry guidelines and communicating regulations and policies; including supervising two development associates.
- Implement complex data systems; generating and delivering datasets; maintenance of data integrity and security as needed for use by UMBC and OIA departments, reports, benchmarking, etc.
- Oversee and manage complex USM Foundation-related gift and financial matters/issues
- Participate in Institution Advancement/university activities as necessary, including institutional event support, strategic planning professional development/leadership development, etc.
- Position is key interface with System alumni/donor database and makes recommendations on data fields and reporting; supports donor and stewardship activities; makes decisions on gift processing, data usage, and reporting. Compliance with IRS rules and regulations; quality assurance of all alumni and donor records; support of all stewardship and philanthropic-related activities.
This position requires:
Database management experience and MS Office proficiency in Excel, Access and Word. Demonstrated understanding of giving guidelines and policies; two-four years experience in development or related domain.
Experience with Ellucian Advance desired; 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
This is a full-time regular staff position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and compensation includes university benefits.
For best consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume.
UMBC is an EOE/AA
To apply, please visit: https://listings.umbc.edu/cw/en-us/job/493932/director-of-advancement-services