BLH Technologies, Inc., an award-winning company specializing in public health, communications, technology, and safety monitoring solutions for Federal and commercial clients, seeks an experienced and highly qualified Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will maintain the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions.
- Reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles.
- Controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Maintains computerized accounting system, backup control, assists accounting staff with questions and printing of computer-generated reports and statements. Administers preparation of interim, year-end, and comparative financial reports.
- Perform and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required government reports as directed by the V.P. of Accounting. Responds to inquiries as necessary.
- Remains current with developments to practice trends, and promulgation in the accounting profession and monitors accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
- Assists the V.P of Accounting in training and management of accounting staff.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts. Verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems. Maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Responsible for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of payroll checks and reports by outside payroll service.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control Determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items. Prepares property tax returns for review by V.P. of Accounting.
- Assists the V.P. of Accounting in coordinating the year-end financial audit and preparing schedules and documents for independent (third-party) auditors.
- Maintains other accounts and performs other accounting duties, as required or requested by the V.P. of Accounting.
- Master's degree in Accounting or CPA in Accounting with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have strong attention to detail and planning skills. A record of successful financial experience working within the Federal Government environment is needed. Knowledge of Government systems, and a demonstrated ability to work independently and on collaborative teams is required.