3 days left
- Full Time
PETERSON INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
Job Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Vice President for Development and External Affairs
FLSA Status: Fulltime
The Peterson Institute for International Economics, a non-partisan public policy research institute devoted to the study of international economic policy, seeks an experienced full time Development Assistant. The Development Assistant is part of the Development team responsible for assisting in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting funding sources in support of the organization's overall fundraising goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee the donor acknowledgement process and track progress utilizing Salesforce; maintain Salesforce by updating gift plans, gift details, and proposals on a timely basis based on interaction and communication with prospects, donors, and President’s Office.
· Maintain record of prospect and cultivation activities, grant tracking, and reporting requirements.
· Coordinate calls/videoconferences/meetings with current and potential donors.
· Develop correspondence following up on meetings, calls, and visits with current and potential donors.
· Along with the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager, assist with activities required to prepare, submit, and manage compliance of grant proposals to funding sources.
· Work with the Director of Philanthropy, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager and CRM Administrator to maintain up-to-date contact records and accurate information on all past and current funding points of contact.
· Work closely with finance department to ensure accurate recording of gifts and preparation of records for audit process.
· Other duties as assigned, including serving as a backup for the President’s Office in assisting the President’s day-to-day function.
· 2+ years of development/administrative experience working with fundraising and grants – preferably in a non-profit setting.
· Familiarity with Salesforce.
· Strong written communication and editing skills, with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, persuasive proposals with impact.
· Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies; knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
· Ability to think strategically, and to anticipate and orchestrate next steps.
· Top-notch organizational skills; ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on plans.
· Ability to balance big-picture thinking with attention to detail.
· Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
· Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook and Excel, and with report/query tools.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and as an effective team member working in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Four-year college bachelor's degree required (Development, Marketing, or Business Administration preferred). Two years of experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PIIE offers highly competitive health and retirement savings benefits. PIIE also supports significant subsidies for tuition in education and training programs related to the employee’s work or international economics.
Retirement Accounts: After one year of employment, employees are eligible for the Institute's retirement plan. In this plan the Institute contributes 10 percent of the employee’s salary each month to an account with TIAA/CREF. The employee will be 50 percent vested after two years of service and fully vested after three years. Once the employee is fully vested the Institute’s contribution in the employee’s account belongs to the employee even after termination.
Employees may also participate in a 403(b) on a voluntary basis. The employee determines the amount of the contribution which is then withheld from each paycheck and deposited into a retirement account.
Vacation/Sick Leave: Vacation leave (3 weeks) is for full-time employees and begins to accrue on their first day of employment. Sick leave (12 days) is granted to full-time employees for illness or injury, or a doctor's appointment.
Holidays: Unless otherwise specified, the holiday will be observed on the day designated by the Federal Government.
· Additional benefits programs focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Short Term Disability Insurance
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Commuter Subsidy
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· Health Advocate
· Parental Leave
This person will typically sit at a desk for extended periods of time throughout the day and use a computer to include monitor, mouse, and keyboard. Some walking to and from various offices, and the printer will be required. Some bending and stooping may be necessary to do filing. Occasionally you may be expected to lift boxes of up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a moderately open one with a combination of cubicles and offices. The noise level is quiet. The office, lavatories and building are all handicapped accessible. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Hybrid work currently in place at PIIE, however subject to change in the future).
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for PIIE. PIIE will require staff and visitors to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Monday thru Friday – 40 hours per week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business.
Please submit your cover letter (include salary expectations) and resume to email@example.com
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYE
Apply for Development Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly