Dewberry is currently seeking an Entry Level Landscape Architect
to join our site/civil department in our Fairfax, VA
office to work on a variety of projects for clients within the commercial and government sector. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals, and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design for residential, commercial and industrial site development, and capital improvement projects.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Site/civil development including grading design
- Prepare detailed landscape and hardscape plans and associated construction specifications
- Prepare layout studies, yield studies, and parking studies for commercial/residential
- Prepare development plans to support Rezoning and/or Special Exception applications
- Working on design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- May also conduct code research, write specifications, and coordinate permitting
- Field work to include existing tree inventories and site monitoring during construction
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS Degree in Landscape Architecture is required.
- Experience with AutoCAD (or Microstation) and Microsoft office is required.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator, GIS/ArcView.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills
- Previous internship experience.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.