Manager, Enterprise Desktop Support
Position title: Manager, Enterprise Desktop Support
Position #: 117241
The Enterprise Desktop Support Manager reports to the Director of Platform Services within the Enterprise Engineering and Operations group within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park. The Manager is responsible for leadership, vision, planning and oversight of the DIT Enterprise Desktop Support team, responsible for providing comprehensive day to day support to DIT and several Administrative units on the College Park campus.
The Manager provides strategic direction for a comprehensive desktop support service and tactical execution of projects to provide a modern, intuitive, and secure end user experience.
They lead a team of desktop support specialists and oversee support activities, daily task assignments, work scheduling, status reporting, and mentoring activities for the group. The Manager leads the team in the creation and maintenance of support and training materials for end users, and looks for long term solutions for common problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of experience leading an IT customer support organization
- Seven (7) years of experience working as part of an IT customer support organization
- Experience scaling a support organization by the use of self service methodologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience managing Windows desktop operating systems in an Enterprise Active Directory environment, including the use of configuration management tools such as MECM and/or InTune
- Proven experience managing MacOS systems, including the use of configuration management tools such as JAMF
- Excellent managerial skills in planning, organizing, evaluating, and delegating.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff; work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators and constituents outside the University; represent the University at local, state, regional and national forums.
- Experience in developing standardized documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience with escalation and notification procedures for internal and external customers (vendors, students, faculty, staff).
- Strong customer service orientation and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Must be able to work well with others in a cooperative work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field experience.
- Proven experience creating, troubleshooting and deploying Group Policy.
- Experience with ServiceNow, MS Office Suites, Adobe Creative Cloud, Zoom and the Google Apps for Education suits is highly desired.
- Experience with wired and wireless client configuration and troubleshooting
- Technical knowledge of and experience configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting both analog and digital AV systems
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is in the $110k – $125k. **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Some stress factors may be involved due to the nature of the operation and the complexity of duties. Weekend and evening work may be required.
Best consideration date: 11/10/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/101149
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.