Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat is seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect to engage in the design, implementation, and support of Cloud and Hybrid platforms. You will continuously improve cloud deployments and platforms, ensuring the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of corporate platforms. You will encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, and teamwork. We are always looking to integrate new technologies where these can improve throughput, quality, or scalability. We are looking for someone with proven experience in authoring solution architecture, high level and low level design and architecture documents who thrives in an environment of constant learning. Job Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of technical solutions for application systems and components implemented to cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Lead the development of technical requirements, design, architecture or corporate platforms.
• Building scalable, secure, maintainable platforms on AWS or other cloud providers, as well as internal platforms.
• Automate the deployment and configuration of cloud resources to meet corporate standards.
• Support cloud deployments ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems.
• Contribute to technical planning and assessment of technical feasibility of solutions.Basic Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience.
• At least 3 years of solid experience in AWS CloudFormation, AWS EC2, VPC, S3 and similar technologies.
• At least 2 years of strong operations experience in AWS environment.Preferred Qualifications:
• AWS certifications are a plus
• Strong project experience working on large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills.
• Experience leading teams
• Container and Linux administration skills are a plus. Minimum Qualifications:
• Candidates should have sound understanding of security required by the Federal government (e.g. FISMA, Privacy Act).
• Experience supporting complex, multi-tiered applications assembled from micro-services.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong collaboration and organizational skills; detail-oriented and work well in a team environment
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.