Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat has a new opportunity for an Internal Controls Analyst, reporting to the Internal Controls Manager. Your responsibilities will include risk assessments, transactional testing, audit reporting, corrective action plan tracking and monitoring for the Finance organization.
You are a highly accountable Internal Controls professional with internal or external audit experience with a proven track record of success in executing audit engagements within scope and on schedule.
This is a remote position within the US with core hours of 10am-3pm EST.Job Responsibilities:
• Performing Risk Assessments
• Performing Transactional Testing
• Preparing and drafting audit reports
• Corrective action plan tracking and monitoring
• Develops and manages audit engagement scope and scheduleBasic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
• 3-5 Years of Internal or External Audit Experience
• Previous experience with SOX implementation and testingPreferred Qualifications:
• Experience working in a mid-to-large organizationMinimum Qualifications:
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
• Detail Oriented
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, teams, and SharePoint.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.