Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has a new opportunity for an Internal Controls Analyst, reporting to the Internal Controls Manager.
You will serve in a public facing role. Your responsibilities will include liaising with external audit agencies on behalf of the company. You will work closely with process owners in satisfying the audit requirements and standardizing audit support across the Finance organization. It is important to have a strong understanding of government regulations and ability to explain FAR/CAS in layman's terms to internal process owners to ensure compliance.
This is a remote position within the US with core hours of 10am-3pm EST.Job Responsibilities:
• Speak on behalf of Westat to explain company's compliance with FAR/CAS
• Work closely with process owners to support external audit engagements
• Standardize external audit engagement packages by process
• Corrective action plan tracking and monitoringBasic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
• 3-5 Years of Government Contractor Experience
• Comfortability with public speaking and being client facing; experience liaising with external auditors.
• Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) experience and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) experience .Preferred Qualifications:
• Prior liaising experience
• Experience working in a mid-to-large organization
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Teams.Minimum Qualifications:
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
• Detail Oriented
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, teams, and SharePoint.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.