is currently seeking a Construction Superintendent
. The position will be based in Orange/Charlottesville, VA
. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for oversite on commercial construction projects. The typical projects include renovations and retrofits to commercial buildings including - upgrades to building interiors and the associated mechanical, electrical and controls systems and; general site work including - soil erosion and sediment control, grading, paving, and utility installations (i.e. power, sanitary, water, etc.). Projects may also include a need for partial demolition, general carpentry, roofing and other general construction activities associated with improvements and renovations to existing facilities. This is a 100% remote position reporting to the manager in our Raleigh, NC office.
Candidates ideally should have either a BS degree in Construction Management with 2-3 years' experience or have worked in a similar role for 5 years supervising similar construction activities. The successful candidate should have strong safety acumen, good communication skills and the ability to supervise multiple trades on projects with occupied building environments.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
The responsibilities for the position include but may not be limited to the following:
- Supervise on-site construction activities associated with renovations and retrofit to buildings on projects that are up to $10 million in construction, including project planning through implementation
- Supervise and coordinate onsite personnel and subcontractors to ensure schedule compliance
- Effectively manage projects to minimize changes, delays and interference with end user
- Ability to perform minor demolition, general carpentry, framing, hardware installation and small-scale facility upfit activities preferred
- Interface with project inspectors, architects, engineer's clients and local officials
- Maintain the standards and compliance with plans, specifications, and codes
- Update and maintain daily logs, project documents for revisions, change orders, ASI's, etc.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis forms, conduct weekly toolbox safety talks and ensure compliance with OSHA guidelines
- Maintain a clean and safe jobsite
- Respectful and effective written and verbal communication
Required Skills & Required Experience
Below is a list of ideal qualifications for the position. D
Dewberry encourages candidates who are interested in a position with us to apply for this position even if your experience meets only some of the requirements listed below:
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check. Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Experience working in occupied facilities preferred
- Develop and update construction schedules (Microsoft Project experience preferred)
- OSHA 30 and First/Aid CPR Certificate preferred
- Knowledge and use of Procore is preferred
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft software including excel, project and word.
- The ability to travel 75-100% is required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law