RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide assistance by holding, rearranging, moving, or otherwise positioning equipment for ease of access.
- Prepare and clean up worksites.
- Drive light vehicles to transport tools, materials and/or moving equipment to worksite.
- Use common hand and power tools to perform facility maintenance tasks.
- Return all equipment to the shop upon completing assigned work.
QualificationsWho May Apply:
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- One or Two year trial or probationary period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, cont.
- ?the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees.
- Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply.
- Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
- Must be able to operate a government vehicle within 45 days of date of hire.
- Work may include assignment to first or second shift.
- Call back and emergency overtime may be required of this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element):
Ability to do the work of a(n) Maintenance Worker without more than normal supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: performing maintenance duties indoors and outdoors to include electrical, plumbing and/or basic carpentry work. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Physical Effort - This position requires extensive walking, standing , bending and stooping. Occasionally climbs ladders or uses lift devices to perform high cleaning and maintenance operations. Frequently lifts objects; average weigh handled is 20 to 40 pounds. Hand trucks and carts are used in moving materials and a forklift is used to transport heavy materials.
- Working Conditions - Tasks are performed inside and outside. Exposed to hazards of moving parts and sharp blades when working with power tools and exposed belts when performing maintenance on equipment. Hands become soiled by contact with tools, materials and equipment. Gloves and safety goggles are worn occasionally when using power tools. Unpleasant odors are encountered occasionally. Inside work areas are sometimes damp and drafty or subject to inadequate ventilation.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Salary is based on the local prevailing rate.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .