The following are the duties of this position at the GS-11. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Management Analyst (Workforce Data Analysis) (College Graduate)
, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Design, develop, and run complex queries using intermediate Microsoft (MS) Access Structured Query Language (SQL) methods. Manipulates data and generates reports using Microsoft Access SQL. Design, develop, program, and test advanced, multifaceted, and interactive graphical MS Access and MS Excel end user application using Visual Basic programming.
- Design, develop, and maintain routine and ad hoc reports; and presents reports to supervisor in various formats such as a spreadsheet, PDF, or word processor document.
- Perform daily administrative functions, such as daily updates to the Personnel Organization Listing (POL) and any HR data/reporting systems, as well as system enhancements. Develop, maintain, and run various reports often. Conduct routine workforce management and administrative analyses, reports, surveys, inquiries, and evaluations.
- Utilize data management reports and analyses to plan and conduct studies which evaluate and recommend ways to improve workforce management operations. Advise management, employees, and supervisors on workforce management topics to provide the most effective and efficient way forward to meet the organization's workforce management goals.
- Assist in implementing workforce management policies, instructions, and procedures across area of responsibility to ensure an efficient and effective program.
To be eligible, you must have within the previous two years, received a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an institution of higher education as defined in 20 U.S.C. 1001(a) no later than 2 years from date of application or will graduate no later than 9 months from the date of application.
Veterans who have completed a degree and have an intervening period of obligated service of at least four years in the uniformed services, the two-year eligibility period begins on the date of discharge or release from the uniformed service. The intervening period of uniformed service must have prevented applying within the standard two-year period after completing a degree. You MUST submit a copy of DD-214 showing the duration and dates of service that precluded you from applying due to a military service obligation.
Individuals in the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) who have a four-year service obligation after graduation are eligible to apply within two years of completing the four-year service obligation. You MUST submit documentation outlining your service obligation.
The official duty station for this position will be in Washington, District of Columbia.
Failure to report to duty at this location may be grounds for a disciplinary action, including removal.Key Requirements:
QualificationsYou must meet eligibility and qualification requirements no later than 9 months from the date of application. However, the education and qualifications must be completed successfully before an applicant may be appointed.Specialized Experience:
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
- Appointment may be subject to a one year probationary period.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Please refer to "Additional Information Section for additional Conditions of Employment."
For the GS-09 grade level, you must have one year (52 full weeks) of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience
for this position includes:
-Experience analyzing data from diverse data sources, and producing reports and displaying the information in a variety of formats (i.e. reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.) and presenting them to senior leadership.; AND
-Assisting with data collection and analysis activities; assisting in identifying resources required to support various levels of program operations. OR
A related master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. Attach a copy of transcripts or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit. OR
Combination of experience and education. This is creditable providing the combination consists of 100% of the requirement. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.Specialized Experience:
For the GS-07 grade level, you must have one year (52 full weeks) of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience
for this position includes:
-Experience utilizing a database management system (i.e. Microsoft Access) to conduct research and analysis of programs in order evaluate and draw conclusions; AND
-Experience analyzing data from diverse data sources, developing queries to produce reports in a variety of formats (i.e. reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.) to present to senior leadership. OR
One full year of graduate level education; OR
Superior Academic Achievement based on a bachelor's degree that is demonstrated through class standing (upper 1/3 of class); grade point average (2.95/4.0 overall or 3.5/4.0 in major), or election to membership in a qualifying national scholastic honor society. OR
You may qualify on a combination of education and experience. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the specialized experience requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the educational requirement must equal at least 100 percent. (For example: the completion of 9 semester hours of graduate level education: 6 months specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level.)Education
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions .Additional informationOther Information:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED):
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Relocation incentive will not be paid.
- Recruitment incentive will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Non-Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on working in a real estate related business, and having Section 8 tenants, along with other prohibited interests and activities. To review applicable ethics rules and HUD specific restrictions, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics .