AARP Services, Inc., founded in 1999, is a wholly-owned taxable subsidiary of AARP. AARP Services manages the provider relationships for and performs quality control oversight of the wide range of products and services that carry the AARP name and are made available by independent providers as benefits to AARP's millions of members. The provider offers currently span health products, financial products, travel and leisure products, and life event services. Specific products include Medicare supplemental insurance; credit cards, auto and home, mobile home and motorcycle insurance, life insurance and annuities; member discounts on rental cars, cruises, vacation packages and lodging; special offers on technology and gifts; pharmacy services and legal services. AARP Services also engages in new product development activities for AARP and provides certain consulting services to outside companies.
The part-time Marketing Compliance Analyst reviews the member-facing marketing and other materials provided by providers for products, services, and offerings made available to the AARP membership and the general public to ensure compliance with brand guidelines and contractual obligations, including health, financial, travel, caregiving, technology, entertainment, and other types of discounts. Products range from complex, such as Medicare Supplement insurance, to simple retail discounts. The Analyst supports interface with marketing and program managers for products, services, and offerings; keeps abreast of industry developments related to marketing, advertising, privacy, intellectual property (IP), social media, digital, and regulations. Responsibilities
- Protects the equity of AARP's highly valued and recognized IP (name, logo, and member data) and its reputation and credibility.
- Ensures providers' member communications accurately and truthfully represent the products and services being offered and comply with AARP brand guidelines and contractual obligations.
- Mitigates risk to AARP's and ASI's assets.
- Reviews, provides clearance to, and coordinates enterprise-wide review of marketing and other materials related to the numerous products and services made available to AARP member via various marketing and media channels.
- Provides support to marketing and program management on issues that arise related to providers' marketing materials. Performs research, as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws, including tax, intellectual property, and registrations, such as sweepstakes and contests.
- Ensures best practices are applied in an efficient and effective manner.
Please note this is a part-time position with work hours of 25 per week. Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant marketing/advertising compliance experience in the areas of health, financial, travel, or entertainment desired.
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise.
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.