Citizenship Technology Paraeducator
If you are passionate about assisting and supporting students in an effective remote learning environment, then Carlos Rosario has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
Citizenship Technology Paraeducator
We are in search of a Citizenship Technology Paraeducator who has a primary duty to assist, support and enhance an effective remote learning environment and student achievement by working with students in small groups and individuals inside and outside the Distance Learning classroom. Additionally, the Paraeducator provides the lead teacher with qualitative data and cultural insight that helps the lead teacher tailor instruction to support each student’s unique challenges and at times, leads class activities at the lead teacher’s request.
• Facilitates student learning in both a virtual environment and in-person classroom setting that utilizes a laptop and technology tools (such as Zoom, Remind, Schoology, USA Learns, and Google Suite among others) in routines and instruction.
• Assists teachers with developing effective learning plans, digital activities, and assessments that address students’ needs as well as motivate students and build their confidence and persistence.
• Assists students in developing their digital literacy skills remotely (via Zoom, phone, email, and other means) in order to fully engage in their class that meets once a week.
• Assists students register for and utilize online learning programs for independent study, and develops technology guides, as needed.
• Provides for different learning styles, education levels, abilities, and technology skills.
• Leads small group activities and provides whole class instruction when needed.
• Creates a positive learning environment for adult learners and encourages students’ active participation and regular attendance.
• Provides the teacher with qualitative data.
• Develops an understanding of individual student needs/challenges in the digital literacies.
• Assists students with preparing for the citizenship test.
• Creates manuals to guide students in accessing the digital tools and materials independently throughout the week. May require availability outside of the posted class hours in order to meet the needs of individual students for technology support.
• Performs other duties as requested and in keeping with achieving outstanding school, academy, student and course objectives.
• High School diploma with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrates self-motivation, continual learning, and ability to take initiative.
• Practice professional and effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team approach.
• Experience with LMS (Schoology), Zoom, Remind, G-Suite one-year experience preferred.
• Bilingual fluency (Spanish/English or Amharic/English) preferred.
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Schedule: Tuesday 9 am -12 pm, Wednesday 6 pm - 9 pm, Saturday 9 am -12 pm (Must be available 30 minutes before and after each class to assist students as needed)
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f 4-564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=440579&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.