Are you an experienced professional with a passion for planning and executing information system strategies? Do you have expertise in leading a team with a focus on providing superior customer services? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
Director of Student Information and Learning Systems
We are in search of a Director of Student Information & Learning Systems (SILS) who plans, develops, and executes organization-wide student information and learning management system strategies for Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) and oversees a team of up to 5 individuals in executing this strategy. S/he is responsible for overseeing the full gamut of SIS, Learning Management Systems (LMS), learning subscriptions, SQL/Tableau systems, data warehouse, and other processes that support the instructional management and reporting responsibilities of the school as well as the strategic vision as it relates to supporting student learning. This includes the integration of systems to maintain them as the authoritative source of student data and learning progress.
• Drive the strategic vision for and oversee the long-term implementation, modification, security, and maintenance of CRIPCS’s portfolio of student information and learning systems, subscriptions, and tools.
• Serve as POC to external consultants and vendors as they execute technical projects or troubleshoot student and learning systems.
• Direct, in coordination with the Director of IT Governance, the establishment of, adherence to, and evolution of CRIPCS’s policies and procedures regarding use of, access to, and security regarding the effective use of all student and learning systems and tools, including adherence to regulatory requirements as appropriate, such as FERPA and Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
• Implement “best-practice” strategies to engage key stakeholders in the evolution and growth of key student and learning systems.
• Create and oversee customer service processes for supporting end users in their effective use of CRIPCS student and learning systems.
• Build the information and application ecosystem at CRIPCS in a way that best meets the organization’s operational and reporting requirements.
• Manage a team of up to 5 individuals to support various aspects of the department, including SIS management, administration, and support, including report writing, and business analysis. Occasionally, may need to perform hand-on system administration work on behalf of the team.
• Supervise SILS staff and support their professional development.
• Identify opportunities and lead the change management process to establish the SILS team as collaborative and school-centric, supporting partnerships across the school.
• Manage the SILS procurement process, including guidance for the school SILS budget, determination of school and organizational SILS needs, vendor relationships and evaluations, budget management, and contract negotiations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of eight years of related experience supporting organizations in the effective use of information systems or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated success in the leadership and management of a diverse team.
• Knowledge of the SDLC process and prior experience developing and managing the growth of enterprise Student Information Systems or other types of authoritative information/reporting systems.
• Strong understanding of SQL server and other database concepts, as well as methods of systems integration including API, SAML, webhooks, etc.
• Demonstrated experience providing world-class customer service
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in written communication
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f4- 564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=443009&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.