The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and programmatic support for programs, members, chapters, councils and events of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA). This position serves to help meet the objectives described in NSSLHA’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities include ensuring the success of NSSLHA’s chapter and affiliate programs, managing member and chapter relations, and planning and managing the development of products and events. This position works with the NSSLHA staff, and other business units to identify member and chapter needs and then develop and provide services for the different audiences. This position proactively uses technology to streamline processes, improve user experience, and ensure a positive experience that drives the business forward.
- Develop, implement, and manage NSSLHA programs and activities.
- Serve as the staff liaison to assigned governance groups and manage the group’s tasks.
- Using the Chapter Management Tool, strategically manage and work with local chapters to assist in growing National NSSLHA membership and engagement in NSSLHA leadership and programs.
- Serve as technical administrator to build, test, and troubleshoot applications for NSSLHA programs, and create and analyze associated reports.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate the NSSLHA programming at the ASHA Convention and monthly virtual events.
- Manage member services including email, database support, phone queries, and bulk dues payments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain procedures and processes to facilitate the execution of governance operations of the NSSLHA Executive Council and other leadership groups within NSSLHA.
- Develop and maintain procedures and processes for supporting online communities, chapter affiliations, and member service.
- Develop standard operating procedures and process/structure improvements for the unit’s logistics and record keeping.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years’ experience in program and volunteer management working in a professional setting
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated time management abilities and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated advanced skills of current software applications and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; independently compose correspondence and technical documents
- Demonstrated advanced use of technology to organize and execute work (e.g., Office 365, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, netFORUM, SalesForce, databases, electronic discussion boards, Internet, GoToMeeting, Google Docs, OpenWater, WuFoo)
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple and varied projects and tasks
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to complete work accurately with attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to assist others