IT Senior Engineer
IT Senior Engineer
Position #: 106406
The IT Senior Engineer is a subject matter expert, providing leadership in critical areas of storage technologies, architecture, replication, system and data security, monitoring and reporting. They work collaboratively with system, networking groups as well as campus departments to provide detailed technical analysis and solutions in support of the division’s strategic direction.
The IT Senior Engineer will work towards data protection modernization in multi-cloud environments, such as AWS, Azure and Vmware on-premise clouds. As such, this position must be able to use tools and applications that complement several different storage and backup platforms and is adept at learning and utilizing new technologies for continuous improvement of IT services.
The IT Senior Engineer will also ensure that proper metrics and analytical data is developed to support decision-making activities. The incumbent will implement and enforce proper data management and access policies as dictated by UMD IT security policies.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- At least 7 years of IT storage and backup systems administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong foundational knowledge of storage and backup infrastructure platforms such as SAN, NAS, Object Storage, and Cloud Storage and related applications for data protection.
- Proficiency working in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Must be able to work well with others in a cooperative work environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience integrating centralized identity access management tools such as Active Directory, Shibboleth or OpenLDAP with infrastructure applications.
- Experience managing work priorities through Agile project management methods.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification or other public cloud certification
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [
Salary range: $112,000 – 140,000. This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push,
pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 10/24/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/100442
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.