ArcGIS Enterprise Engineer
Vienna, VA Join our Talent Network
ArcGIS Enterprise Engineer
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For 20+ years, NJVC has provided federal, DoD, and commercial customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions for their IT needs. NJVC approaches the work with the intensity expected of a mission-critical IT provider, working within the framework of people, processes, and technologies to meet customer requirements.
TheArcGIS Enterprise Engineer will work closely with federal clients at the intersection of enterprise IT and GIS technology to implement ArcGIS Enterprise and our broad array of other software offerings. These customers represent our most challenging and technically accomplished partners. Your expertise in solving complex technical challenges will be essential to their success.
Work you'll do
As an ArcGIS Enterprise Engineer within our ESRI team, you will:
- Utilize your capabilities in DevOps, DataOps, and IT architecture design to streamline infrastructure processes and optimize scheduling and performance
- Influence domain-driven design and architecture principles of data lineage, data security, data privacy, data uptime, and reliability
- Plan the migration of content from one ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to another, encompassing different architectures, deployment strategies, and software components
- Identify system data and software components required to meet user needs for ArcGIS implementations
- Configure ArcGIS Enterprise systems to meet the customer`s service level agreement, including high availability and security requirements
- Install, configure, and test system management tools, infrastructure, and server plugins
- Provide ongoing support of the on-premises hybrid and cloud infrastructure
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Direct work-related experience in and familiarity with the organizations and operations of the US Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience with Esri software, including ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns, including service-oriented and cloud
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems and analytics platforms
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Active CompTIA Security+ certification
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts, like spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum).
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting.
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network